Saturday, May 30, 2009

in my tennesse mountain home...

that song has been playing on repeat for nearly thirty minutes now. it's a little bit frustrating. before that it was "know when to hold 'em" and before that some randy travis song. each has had a turn of at least 20 minutes or so. me and the peace corp worker from wisconsin sitting next to me sang along for a bit, but have since lost intrest.

i changed the name of the blog, cause i don't want to be somebody who took a year off after highschool to go to africa and work in an orphanage, and write a blog about it that i later turn into a book or something. if you find the "stuff white people like" blog, and read 'taking a year off'... that's what i'm talking about.

aaaand that's about all the news for now. there would probably be more but this song's got me frustrated. i had been thinking i really missed country music this whole week. but i didn't miss this song.

really. i got nothing. things are swell though when i'm not listening to this song.

ohhhh and i learned that if you want, you can call me and it will be free for me. so that's good news. for me. but i dunoo what it costs to make an international call? maybe it's something that's free on the weekends? probably not? i dunno. mostly i'm saying this for ma. something to check out.

and if anyone wants to come visit me in ghana, all you gotta do is buy a plane ticket. which is actually a loooot to do. but you know. the rest will be cheap. cept all the stuff that you don't think of until the week you leave and so you have to rely on your mom to save your trip. mostly i mean, if ever you want to come to ghana and work in an orphanage, i can set it up now so you can skip paying gazzillions to companies that don't do much. so that's exciting. and thrifty. and cheerful. and brave, clean, and reverent. aaand hungry!

anyyywayys.

respect, ras drew

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew... ummm.. so I'm not going to be in Ghana, but you still smell like poo.

    xoxo
    your favorite and best-looking aunt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh. I had a dream that I accidently ended up in Ghana somehow and.... well, it really sucked. like, you were there. and we like hung out and stuff, but I remember it really sucked. thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Drew... this is your favorite Gma Jo here in rainy Pocatello. (I know this says that it is from Jackie, but it is not... it is me... Gma Jo.) They say we've only had one day without rain so far this June. Hope this finds you well and happy and not mosquito bitten.

    Are you getting use to the food there? Or do you like ours better? (Poof... ohhhh... excuse me.)

    I hope you are learning lots and that you'll be more than eager to come back home.

    Take care and don't let the bed bugs bite. May God bless and keep you safe. Love you forever, Gma Jo

    (P.S. Jackie says you should list your phsical address on here so we can send you stuff. So... yup.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... ready for another post please.

    ReplyDelete